Magnolia D. Levy
In an effort to bring dignity to the end of a relationship, Ms. Levy endeavors from the outset to effectively and efficiently achieve the best results for her clients without the need for court intervention. However, when a negotiated settlement is not possible, she is comfortable going to court, drawing on her commercial litigation background as a tenacious and passionate advocate for her clients.
Ms. Levy’s practice includes the handling of complex financial matters, child custody issues, post judgment matters, pre and post nuptial agreements and other family law matters, both in and out of court.
Ms. Levy’s practice also includes mediation and in 2020 she was selected to serve on the New York Supreme Court roster as a court-appointed mediator with the Matrimonial Mediation Pilot Program. Ms. Levy is a member of the Family & Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York and, with her training from The Center for Mediation & Training, she expertly guides her mediation clients through all matters related to matrimonial and family law. As part of her mediation practice, Ms. Levy regularly serves as a consulting attorney for clients involved in mediation with an outside mediator.
A born and raised New Yorker and an alumna of The Dalton School, Ms. Levy now lives in Westchester with her husband, two children, and three dogs.
Professional Affiliations and Bar Associations
Ms. Levy is the Immediate Past President of the New York Women’s Bar Association and served as President (2022-2023). Before her term as President, Ms. Levy served as a Vice President (2018-2022) and held the positions of Recording Secretary (2017-2018) and Corresponding Secretary (2016-2017). She served as co-chair of the Annual Judges Reception from 2014 to 2022, co-chair of the Membership Reception from 2014 to 2021, and co-chair of the Judiciary Committee from 2017-2019.
Ms. Levy is extremely proud of her involvement with Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert (JALBCA) and serves as a Vice President. Ms. Levy helped to co-found, and serves as a co-chair of, JALBCA’s monthly Support Group which hosts meetings for members of the legal community whose lives have been touched by breast cancer. Ms. Levy also served as JALBCA Assistant Secretary from 2021-2022 and served on the Membership and Advisory Committees.
- 2021-2023 New York Metro Top Women Super Lawyers
- 2014-2023 New York Metro Super Lawyers
- 2021-2022 Top 10 Attorney Award – National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- 2013 Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star
LECTURES | PUBLICATIONS | PODCASTS
- 5 Things You Need To Know To Survive and Thrive During and After a Divorce | Authority Magazine 2021
- Basic Matrimonial Practice – Continuing Legal Education lecturer | New York State Bar Association 2019
- From “I DO” to “ADIEU”: Financial Tips From A Divorce Lawyer About Getting Married and Getting Divorced | The Financial Gym 2019
- Before the Cake and Wedding Dress: Couples Should Discuss Finances Before Saying “I Do” (written by Bruce W. Fraser; www.mainstreet.com)
- Godparents and Guardians: Your Baby’s Significant Others (written by Pamela Brill; RashtiandRashti.com)
- Crafting An Examination of the Custody Forensic Expert as Attorney for the Child, New York Women’s Bar Association Newsletter, March 2013
- The Prenuptial Agreement from Creation to Destruction, New York Women’s Bar Association Newsletter, January 2013